2019 John Deere 9420R
Call for Price
- John Deere PowerTech™ 13.5L PSS
- e18™ PowerShift Transmission
- CommandView™ III Cab
- Gen 4 CommandCenter™
- ActiveSeat™ Suspension
- PowerTech™ PSS cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Standard CommandView™ III cab offers unsurpassed amenities
- e18™ PowerShift™ transmission (PST) with Efficiency Manager™ feature
- JDLink™ services and Service ADVISOR™ diagnostic systems
- Power take-off (PTO), 1-3/4 1000 rpm
- 3-point hitch and CommandCenter™ controls boost productivity
- High-flow hydraulics, 435 L/min (115 gpm) system
- General maintenance
- Description: John Deere PowerTech™ PSS 13.5L (B20 diesel compatible)
- Engine type: Diesel, in-line, 6-cylinder, wet-sleeve cylinder liners with 4 valves-in-head
- Engine family: JJDXL13.5310
- Rated speed: 2,100 rpm
- Aspiration: Dual series turbocharger with fixed geometry first stage, variable geometry second stage; air-to-air aftercooling and cooled exhaust gas recirculation
- Emission level: Final Tier 4
- After treatment type: DOC/DPF/SCR
- Displacement: 13.5 L / 824 cu in.
- Rated power: 309 kW / 420 hp
- Rated PTO power (hp SAE): 249 kW / 335 hp
- Power boost (available in transport and/or mobile PTO applications): 10 percent
- Engine peak torque: At 1600 rpm: 1,938 Nm / 380 lb-ft
- PTO torque rise: 38 percent
- Type: Standard: John Deere e18™ 18-speed PowerShift with Efficiency Manager™: 40 km/h / 25 mph
- Pump rated output: Standard: 220 L/min / 58 gpm / Optional: 435 L/min / 115 gpm
- Available flow at a single rear SCV: 0.5 in. couplers: 132 L/min / 35 gpm
- Number of rear selective control valves (SCVs): Standard: ISO Couplers: 4-6 / Optional: ISO Couplers: 7-8 (field installed)
- SCV control: Electronic
- Hitch category (SAE designation): Category 4N/3: 6,804 kg / 15,000 lb / Category 4N/3: 9,072 kg / 20,000 lb / Category 4N/4: 6,804 kg / Category 4N/4: 9072 kg
- Maximum lift capacity behind lift points: Category 4N/4: 9,072 kg / 20,000 lb
- Sensing type: Electrohydraulic with draft sensing
- Drawbar category: Standard: Category 4 / Optional: Category 4 with heavy duty drawbar support / Category 5 with heavy duty drawbar support
- Maximum vertical load: Standard: 2,470 kg / 5,450 lb / Optional: Category 4 with heavy duty drawbar support: 2,470 kg / Category 5 with heavy duty drawbar support: 5,440 kg / 12,000 lb
Rear power take-off (PTO)
- Type: Independent / Standard: 44 mm (1.75 in.) 20-spline, 1,000 rpm
- Type: Standard: Diameter: 110 x 3,048 mm / 4.33 x 120 in. / Optional: Diameter: 120 x 3,048 mm / 4.72 x 120 in.
- Final drive type: Inboard planetary
- Rear differential lock: Full-locking electrohydraulic
- Type: Standard: Diameter: 110 x 3048 mm / 4.33 x 120 in. / Optional: Diameter: 120x3,048 mm / 4.72 x 120 in.
- Front axle differential lock: Full-locking electrohydraulic
- Turning radius without brakes: Group 47 tires: 5,547 mm / 18.2 ft
- Type: Standard: Hydraulic power-steering / Optional: ActiveCommand™ Steering (ACS)
- Alternator size: Standard: 200 amp / Optional: 240 amp
- Battery options: 12 V
- Total cold cranking amps: 925 CCA
- Seat: Standard: ComfortCommand™ / Optional: ActiveSeat™
- Instructional seat: Standard
- Display: Standard: 4100 Generation 4 CommandCenter™ with 7 in. display / Optional: 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™ with 10 in. display
- Radio: Standard: AM/FM stereo with weatherband, remote controls, auxiliary input jack, four speakers and external antenna
- Inner cab volume: 3.597 m3 / 127 cu ft
- Cab glass area: 6.52 m2 / 70.18 sq ft
- Wheelbase: 3,807 mm / 149.9 in.
- Overall length: With front weights, excluding hitch and coupler: 7,593 mm / 289.9 in. / With front weights, including hitch and coupler: 8311 mm / 327.2 in.
- Drawbar clearance: Group 48 tires: 355.6 mm / 14 in.
- Approximate shipping wheight, Open;Cab: 18,810 kg / 41,470 lb
- Base machine weight: 18,810 kg / 41,470 lb
- Maximum ballast level: 22,105 kg / 48,700 lb
- Crankcase oil volume: 48 L / 12.7 U.S. gal.
- Fuel tank: 1,211.3 L / 320 U.S. gal.
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank: 83 L / 22 U.S. gal.
- Cooling system: 56.5 L / 14.9 U.S. gal.
- Transmission-hydraulic system: With 3-point hitch and PTO: 284 L / 75 U.S. gal. / Without 3-point hitch and PTO: 276 L / 73 U.S. gal.
- Interval for engine oil change: 400 hours
- Interval for hydraulic/transmission oil change: 1500 hours
- Interval for engine coolant change: 6000 hours
- Guidance: AutoTrac Ready
- Telematic: Available with JDLink™ hardware, activations, and Ethernet Harnesses (availability dependent upon destination)
- Remote diagnostics: Available with activated JDLink™ hardware and activations
NOTES:*Manufacturer's suggested price. Taxes, freight, setup, and delivery not included. Optional accessories and attachments not included. Equipment, models and prices may vary by dealer. Product options and accessories may not be available in all regions. The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. Actual operating horsepower will be less. Offers valid in the United States. Prices in U.S. dollars.
- Engine Manufacturer
- John Deere PowerTech™ PSS 13.5L (B20 diesel compatible)
- Engine Type
- 309 kW (420 hp)
- PTO HP
- 249 kW (335 hp)
- Rated RPM
- 2,100 rpm
- 3,807 mm (149.9 in.)
- 18,810 kg (41,470 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1,211.3 L (320 U.S. gal.)
- Standard: John Deere e18™ 18-speed PowerShift with Efficiency Manager™